A car title loan is a type of short-term personal loan secured by the equity (value) of the borrower’s vehicle. This value takes the place of a credit score report, giving you quick access to the cash you need even if your credit is in recovery. And the best part is this: your car, truck, SUV, or motorcycle remains in your possession while the loan is outstanding.
You typically have 30 days to pay back the loan.
Now that you understand what car title loans are—and how they are acquired—you can address how these title loans work. Fortunately, it’s quite simple.
- Contact a car title loan lender online or by phone, then visit the business in person. Show the lender a few easily accessible documents (identification, title of vehicle, etc.).
- Expect the lender to either look at pictures of the vehicle or an in-person look at it.
- If the borrower’s application is accepted, give the title of the vehicle and sign the agreement to repay the loan.
- The lender will place a lien on the loan until it is repaid. Once this happens, the lender will remove the lien.
How do car title loans work at Cash Fast Centers?
At our Cash Fast Centers, conveniently located in Clover and Fort Mill, South Carolina, our 15-minute approval process will get you back out on the road with the cash in hand that you need. There’s no credit check. There’s no hassle.
We do use two important factors that determine the amount of money you can borrow:
- The value of your car, truck, SUV, or motorcycle.
- Your ability to make monthly payments.
If you’re ready to begin the process, then our friendly staff is waiting to help put cash in your hand today. You just need to bring a few items of yours along:
- Vehicle title and registration
- Driver’s license
- Most recent pay stub
- Social Security card
- Mail to verify address
What if I would like to consider an alternative to car title loans?
If you don’t own a vehicle or would like to consider another option, you can learn about payday advance loans. This could be a better choice for you depending on your circumstances. And should you have any questions, you can always call Cash Fast Centers to speak with a knowledgeable representative.